Yunde Metals supplies Traction Tread™ metal safety grating that can be used for multiple applications, making many work surfaces safer. Traction Tread™ safety grating is available in steel safety flooring, planks, ladder rungs, and slip resistant stair treads. This type of metal grating and stair treads feature a safety flooring surface with hundreds of perforated buttons that provide slip resistance in all directions. Traction Tread™ safety grating and stair treads are a practical choice for industrial applications and is also appropriate for commercial spaces where pedestrian traffic is a consideration.
In areas of high traffic, it is important that Traction Tread™ safety flooring is installed in your facility. Safety flooring helps prevent accidents in working zones. Our metal grating product grabs the bottom of working boots to create a secure movement along floors, ramps, stairs, and platforms.
Advantages of Traction Tread™ Metal Safety Grating:
Offers a safe walking-working surface for walkways, floor grating, ramps, stair treads, and equipment platforms
Comes in a variety of materials and sizes
Easily adapted for a multitude of applications, such as floor grating
Ideal for special and fabricated applications
TRACTION TREAD™ FLOORING
Direct Metals supplies Traction Tread™ steel safety flooring that features perforated buttons that provide slip-resistance for industrial applications. Our Traction Tread™ flooring is ideal for commercial applications where pedestrian traffic is a constant and requires ADA compliance. The standard sheet size for this stainless steel flooring is 36″ x 120″. Sheet sizes can also be cut to order to your specifications. Variations to the surface design of the floor grating can also be produced.
Advantages of Traction Tread™ Flooring:
- Offers a safe walking-working surface for walkways, ramps, stair treads (safety treads) and equipment platforms
- Available in stock sheets that are ideal for fabricated products
- Can be used as a reconditioning material over existing floor grating surfaces that do not provide slip-resistance
- Compliant with ADA standards
- Available in many styles and materials, such as stainless steel and aluminum
Our Traction Tread™ safety flooring is available in many material options. Some of these material options include:
Hot rolled, pickled and oiled carbon steel
- 11-gauge (5.0 lbs / sq. ft.)
- 13-gauge (3.8 lbs / sq. ft.)
- 16-gauge (2.5 lbs / sq. ft.)
Stainless Steel 304 Alloy
- 16-gauge (2.5 lbs / sq. ft.)
Aluminum Alloy 5052-H32
- .125 (1.6 lbs / sq. ft.)
Note:14 ga. & 12 ga. Carbon steel are also available
TRACTION TREAD™ STAIR TREADS
Our Traction Tread™ carrier planks allow you to create your own custom slip resistant stair treads. The Traction Tread™ stair treads offer a safe walking and working surface.
TRACTION TREAD™ PLANK WITH LH PATTERN
In addition to our Traction Tread™ plank, Direct Metals also carries the Traction Tread™ plank with an LH Pattern. This plank type is available in the following material options:
- Hot rolled, pickled, and oiled carbon steel: 11 gauge and 13 gauge
- Mill-galvanized steel: 11 gauge and 13 gauge
- Aluminum alloy 5052-H32:.125”
- Hot dipped galvanized after fabrication
- LH pattern
- 10″ wide (nominal)
- 120″ and 144″ lengths (nominal)
- 1-1/2″ minimum of 2″ channel height
Traction Tread™ variations to the surface design can be produced according to your requirement (see examples illustrated below).